For three days in March (8-10) the Birmingham NEC will be packed full of forecourt experts – companies whose products have been tailored for the sector and whose staff will be on hand to offer their advice and help. The event is of course the International Forecourt & Fuel Equipment show, which is running alongside the Convenience Retailing Show.
Show director Neil Felton comments: “If you’re in the forecourt sector then this really is the show for you because it has the backing of the industry’s major trade associations including the PRA, PEIMF, Garage Watch, the Energy Institute and APEA. These organisations help make IFFE an important forum where key issues and trends can be discussed.”
Don’t forget to make your way to the Forecourt Trader stand (H100) to catch up with Merril, Amy and the team.
A stunning new feature for IFFE 2005 is Forecourt Live! where key issues will
certainly be in the spotlight.
Fuel pricing, security and hot fuel are just three topics that will be discussed at the daily Forecourt Live! Working Lunches.
Forecourt Trader editor Merril Boulton will host each day’s activities where visitors will get the chance to grab some refreshments and hear what their peers have to say about these controversial subjects.
So whether you’ve got something to say or just want to sit and listen, the Forecourt Live! Working Lunch is definitely not to be missed.
Another feature that will most certainly prove interesting is the free half-day workshop for forecourt operators which takes place on Wednesday March 9 at 2pm.
Hosted by The Energy Institute, it is entitled Business Trends in the Forecourt Sector. Speakers include Catalist managing director Nigel Lang and the technical team from the Energy Institute.
If you want to make more profit from retail sales then Shop Zone is the place for you. That’s because it’s packed with exhibitors showing off forecourt-specific lines.
Pet Brands will unveil its RAC Pets in Transit range that allows pets and owners to travel together safely, securely and comfortably. Products include pet carriers, guards and harnesses designed to restrict a pet’s movement without compromising on comfort. Also in the range are seat covers, feeding accessories, waste scoop bags and even a vinyl squeaky RAC spanner toy.
Top-selling products from the US will be unveiled on DCI Marketing’s stand. These include pump island convenience centres and planters.
Meanwhile air fresheners, car mats and breakdown kits will be displayed on V Group International’s stand.
Shop Zone also incorporates technology. Softoption Developments will be exhibiting its new integrated CCTV camera systems with epos tills. These are designed to capture the customer at the pump and at the till for extra security.
So whatever aspect of equipment, ideas, or inspiration you’re after, Shop Zone deserves a visit – and who knows it could be a profitable one!
WHAT NEW AT IFFE?
• AMBISOL will be launching Slablight, which evenly spreads lighting behind signage and across displays. Stand M91
• New from GILBARCO VEEDER-ROOT is the Red Jacket submersible turbine pump which combines performance, safety and serviceability. Stand L90
• GOODYEAR will use the show to launch its forecourt nozzle for standard and vapour recovery service which has been tested, approved and is ready to use. The nozzle range complements an improved line of Goodyear service station kerbside hose assemblies in both standard and vapour recovery forms. Stand J131
• The star’s the car on the GULF stand as a reminder of the company’s motorsport heritage. Blue and Orange, the recently published history of Gulf in motorsport from the 1930s to 2001, will also be on the stand along with author Michael Cotton, who will answer questions and sign copies of the book. Stand L80
• The Plus range of rollover car washes is being unveiled by ISTOBAL. These car washes can be adjusted to offer higher speeds at peak times and standard speed for more normal situations. Stand K100
• IFFE 2005 is the first trade show where JAVASTATION will be showing its ‘coffee store in a box’. The company boasts that it offers fully-branded self-service gourmet coffee with each drink made using freshly ground beans and milk to provide a coffee as good as any you’d get on the high street. The company reckons you could get an annual return of more than £16,000 from selling less than 60 cups a day. Stand 129
• New from OK FUEL is a miniature electronic device that helps prevent motorists from putting the wrong type of fuel in their cars. When they’ve got the OK Fuel tag fitted to their car, a pump fitted with an OK Fuel reader will sense what type of fuel is required and if the wrong type has been chosen, it will give off a visual and audible warning. Stand M121
• PETROMAN ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES is using IFFE to unveil its low-level PV valve which eliminates the need for working at high levels on the vent stack. Stand M110
• RO-DOR’S new failsafe door model incorporates technology that allows carwash doors to go up even if there’s a power failure. The system recognises this and the supplementary power from a battery is engaged to allow customers to exit safely. Stand K76
• THI UK is building on the success of its dogwash with the launch of a dedicated motorbike wash at IFFE 2005. It’s a totally self-contained unit that features water reclaim and reverse osmosis facilities. Also on display will be its new low cost Sola digital free-air tower. Stand M120
• Site Controller is the latest solution from TOREX RETAIL. This can interface with most epos, pumps, car washes, pole signs, wetstock management services and back office management systems. L130
• The new Softcare Juno from WASHTEC UK provides top quality performance at the highest speed – the company says it’s the fastest rollover car wash on the market. This means shorter washing times to allow more cars through the system.
Meanwhile the new Softcare Evo provides performance and functionality at an economical price. Its price/performance ratio ensures the system can be operated profitably even when not used to maximum capacity. Finally, Washtec’s third new line is the Quad unit which provides a vacuum, air freshener and air/water supply in one unit. Stand J70/J80