It’s true that you can find most things you want at many forecourts and their stores nowadays, but those visiting Waitrose’s petrol station in Cheltenham earlier this week got much more than they bargained for. That’s because a Royal python was found slithering on the ground.
A local man who spotted the snake first thought it was a toy, but once he realised it was a real snake, he kept watch and warned passers-by as he was worried it might give someone a heart attack. He called the police and the RSPCA.
According to Gloucestershirelive.co.uk, an experienced snake owner came to the rescue but the snake was not happy and bit her several times before being taken away and cared for.