Kent Police is investigating a spate of burglaries which appear to have been targeting tobacco at petrol stations and shops.
Between Friday 12 August and Thursday 18 August five offences have been reported across West Kingsdown, Sevenoaks and Westerham.
The premises targeted were:
• A supermarket in Hever Road, West Kingsdown, at approximately 1.20am on Friday 12 August. No items were stolen however damage to a door shutter was reported.
• A petrol station in Seal Road, Sevenoaks, between 2.06am and 2.20am on Monday 15 August. A quantity of cigarettes were reported to have been stolen.
• A newsagents in Hever Road, West Kingsdown, between 2.25am and 2.40am on Wednesday 17 August. A quantity of cigarettes was reported to have been stolen.
• A petrol station in St John’s Hill, Sevenoaks, between 11pm on Wednesday 17 August 5.50am on Thursday 18 August. No items were reported to have been taken from this incident.
• A petrol station in London Road, Westerham, at approximately 2.50am on Thursday 18 August. No items were reported but damage was caused to a shutter and glass doors.
At present no suspects have been identified however enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Kent Police on 01622 604100. Alternatively contact Kent Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.