Management at Total have praised the quick actions of staff when a car burst into flames. The incident happened at the Narborough Road, Leicester, outlet after the vehicle was left parked next to pumps. The engine suddenly burst into flames and thick smoke began to pour from the car.
Staff immediately isolated nearby petrol pumps and called for the fire service. They then moved all customers off the forecourt to ensure safety before tackling the blaze with fire extinguishers. Firemen from three stations attended, and were at the scene for over an hour.
A spokesman for Total said: “All our staff are highly trained for this sort of incident. Because of their prompt and correct action neither residents or customers were in danger.”