Tesco has said that none of its 500 filling stations are involved in the store closures that were confirmed this week.
Earlier this month Tesco said it planned to close 43 loss-making stores, and on Wednesday January 28 it published the list of the sites it was closing.
In total, 18 Express, 12 Metro, seven superstores and six Homeplus stores are shutting their doors. The Express and Home Plus stores will close on March 15 with the Tesco Metros and Superstores on the list closing on April 4.
However, a spokesman confirmed to Forecourt Trader that none of the closures involved a filling station.
Tesco ceo Dave Lewis said: “In January I announced that our performance as a business has fallen significantly short of where we would want it to be and that to protect the future of the business in the UK we would close 43 unprofitable stores.
“The decision to close the stores has been exceptionally difficult to take. I recognise it will affect many hard working colleagues, our customers and local communities.
“Our priority is to explain what this announcement means for our colleagues and wherever possible, offer them alternative roles with Tesco. We will continue to serve our customers through other local stores and our dotcom service.”