Shell is running a Valentine’s Day promotion offering motorists 5ppl off Shell V-Power unleaded or diesel.
The promotion is running exclusively at participating Shell sites for today only. It coincides with research carried out on behalf of Shell, which reveals that despite the fuss over Valentine’s Day, British motorists spend twice as much time maintaining their cars as they do their relationships.
Results from a poll of British drivers shows that nearly five million drivers (12.6% of the driving population) spend up to two hours a week maintaining their cars, but just over half of that number admit to spending the same amount of time maintaining their relationships with loved ones.
The research, commissioned to celebrate Shell’s special Valentine’s offer, uncovered even more details about the special relationships Brits have with their cars:
- Nearly half of British male drivers value their cars above other personal possessions such as wedding rings and even family pets!
- One in eight of us believe our car is not just a vehicle to get us from A to B – but it truly represents who we are as a person.
- 14% of those polled said they had their first kiss in a car.
- One in eight Brits confessed they have even given their car a pet name – top of the list of the most popular names are Trevor, Orla and Bettsi!
- One in nine women spend 1-2 hours a week maintaining their car.